Biggest To-Dos Before You Mulch
Nothing says spring like the aroma of fresh mulch. And here at Evans, we have a huge selection for you to choose from to customize your dream landscape. But before you mulch, there are a few things you need to do first. Here’s a quick checklist for your upcoming landscaping project.
- Measure the areas that you’ll mulch and enter the dimensions into our easy-to-use mulch calculator. We’ll be able to tell you exactly how much you need.
- Clean out the areas you’ll be mulching by removing weeds, overgrown plants and grass.
- Spray weed repellant or lay down landscape fabric in the area you wish to mulch.
- Do your homework and work with a trusted supplier. It’s a big risk to get your mulch from an unreliable source as it could contain potentially harmful chemicals.
- Plan ahead and designate a day or weekend that you’ll dedicate to mulching. Or let us handle the hard work for you by having our team of experts take care of delivery and installation.
When you’re ready, browse the site and come down to one of our locations and check out our huge variety of mulch options including all colors and textures!